Veterans Day Lesson Plans
- Memorial Day: Graphing Our History of Sacrifice- Using an online graphing tool to graph America's history of war dead helps students understand the significance of Memorial Day.
- Memorial Day Shoebox Parade- Students create a timeline of U.S. conflict and a Shoebox Memorial Day Parade to commemorate soldiers who fought for freedom.
More Lesson Plans From Other Sites
- The Wall Inspires Letters to Veterans- Eve Bunting's The Wall inspires students to write letters to veterans at local veterans' hospitals.
- Thinking About Our Troops- This lesson offers a handful of way in which kids can connect with American soldiers serving around the world.
- This Was War - Using audio-visual equipment, students interview a veteran of a war or a person who lived while a war was happening.
- Veteran's Day Crafts, Projects, and Printouts
- We Thank You, Veteran! - Students use information from videos, picture books, and relatives' military backgrounds to help write a short or extended message of gratitude on a greeting card for local veterans.